I'm always talking about 'To Do' lists, specifically projects inside, outside and around the house. A few weeks ago, I conducted an informal poll to find out what do-it-yourself projects are on your spring list. Appropriately, some readers have asked me what's on my list this spring. My first thought was, "What isn't?" but I know I need to narrow it down, and doing so by seasons seems like a good way to make projects feasible.
So, here are the main projects on my "To DIY" list this spring that I have every intention of addressing. And that means I'll be writing about these step-by-steps, and photographing each project from start to finish. They include:
- Draining the pool. Yes it's legal in our neck of the woods, as long as there aren't chemicals. Check with your city before draining your pool or spa.
- Re-screening a sliding patio door. With two dogs and one cat--the need arises every so often.
- Tiling the waterline of the pool. Actually, repairing a few spots where we retiled it a couple years ago; but I'll show you how to do both. Kind of a bonus.
- Mosaic-tiling an outdoor table. An inexpensive and fun project.
- Refinishing the deck. It really needs it.
If you have any suggestions as I embark on my spring DIY projects, email me: firstname.lastname@example.org.
And let me know what you're up to, project-wise.
My husband tiling our pool waterline/Photo: Lisa Hallett Taylor