Father's Day is this coming Sunday. Guys are much more difficult to buy for than women. There just aren't nearly as many guy-oriented products out there, and you can only buy so many ties or barbecue tool sets. Let's consider some of the traditional, stereotypical Father's Day gifts:
- A card that depicts a man hunting, fishing or sleeping in an easy chair
- Box of white cotton handkerchiefs (in finer, more old-fashioned stores)
- A case of beers of the world
- A box of mustards of the world
- A coin-separating machine
- DVDs of any mafia film, Full Metal Jacket, Apocalypse Now, Almost Perfect the original Three Stooges films, Caddyshack, National Lampoon's Animal House, Dirty Harry, Pulp Fiction -- you get the idea.
- Cordless appliances
- Sports stuff
For something more original and to lure him outside, check out our list of gift ideas for the outdoor livin' and lovin' guy. Who knows? You might find something on the list that you like also.
Photo: Lisa Hallett Taylor