When designing a small garden or outdoor room, focus on colors and textures that complement one another, forming a pleasing arrangement that can be viewed as a vignette or well-composed picture.
Pay attention to the growing potential of plants: fast growing plants can get out of hand and dwarf nearby plants.
Garden hideaways or retreats can be designed for small yards or properties with lots of acreage. Elements to include in creating a retreat:
- Privacy screening
- Outdoor garden furniture for relaxation
- Plants with pleasing scents
- Shade, either from a gazebo or a tree
- Other sensual delights, like a fountain (water)
- Quiet and seclusion, if possible -- like a secret garden
|Garden Bench||Secret Garden||Secret Garden Tea Party||Porch Paradise|
|Terrace with a View||TeePee Retreat||Garden Gazebo Getaway||Front Yard Hideaway|
|Beach Cottage Adirondacks||Gravel Getaway||Bamboo Bench||Tiki Island|