The Bottom Line
I've bought a few Halloween doormats through the years, and they invariably get left out well into November, become faded, and find their way into the dumpster. This one's here to stay.
- Nice and large.
- Thick, bristly pile.
- Great silhouette-style graphics.
- Made of sturdy, durable coir.
- Coir is a great fiber, but tends to "shed"
- Might be too thick (high) for some thresholds
- Made of coir, which is a course fiber that comes from the husk of a coconut.
- Measurements: 22" x 36"
- Silhouette-style graphic of haunted house on a hill, clouds, etc.
Guide Review - Halloween Outdoor Decorations: Pottery Barn Halloween Doormat
Pottery Barn's sturdy coir doormat is high and hefty, and looks quite attractive in front of double doors. Hand-tufted from coir, a natural fiber derived from coconut shells, the mat is a simple tan/beige coir color, with a black graphic created in the silhouette style that was popular in early 20th-century Halloween illustrations and designs. The scene depicts a haunted house with picket fence, clouds and all the details.
The mat is simple, striking and a keeper. Who can argue with that?