The Bottom Line
At under $30 for a pair of these pretty --ummm, pretty eerie -- birds, these decorations are unconventionally cool and will last through many Halloweens.
- A fun take on the beloved pink flamingo, icon of midcentury lawns.
- Lightweight; easy to store.
- Clean demarcations; painting is neat; not sloppy.
- A refreshingly original change from some types of decorations we've seen too much of.
- Metal "legs" can come loose from their plastic slots, but stay put once in ground.
- Scare Factor: Might seem creepy to very young children.
- Hard plastic.
- When assembled, stand approximately 34 inches tall.
- Decorate your yard, lawn, pool deck, planter, porch, patio, deck, balcony or basically anywhere you can stick-in their legs.
Guide Review - Halloween Outdoor Decorations: Skel-A-Flamingos
While the "bony" parts of the Skel-A-Flamingos are "painted" with a glow-in-the-dark material, casting them with a well-positioned spotlight on the ground will bring out their inner beauty. These guys are sophisticated enough to stand on their own (often on one leg)as your sole Halloween decoration. On the other hand, they'd look great with other carefully chosen Halloween decorations and accessories, like retro or goth. You know -- less is more.