The Bottom Line
- Unique: has a Disneyesque quality (think "Haunted Mansion")
- Sturdy, durable polyresin for outdoor use
- Looks hand-sculpted; facial features are quite expressive
- Won't rot or turn moldy, unlike the real thing
- If you're looking for animatronics, look elsewhere
- Spooky Factor: My 9-year-old declared it "creepy," which could be a pro or con
- If you're looking for a candleholder, look elsewhere
- Can't scoop-out his innards to make a tasty pumpkin concoction
- Made of Polyresin
- Overall Dimensions: 11.5 x 11.5 x 13.5 inches
Guide Review - Halloween Outdoor Decorations: Funny Face Jack-O-Lantern Porch Sculpture
Maybe it's just me, but I tend to gravitate toward decorations that have some character and a sense of humor or nostalgia. When going past a house with an inflatable character on the front lawn, I find myself or my daughter saying, "Look, there's another...(fill in character's name)." That makes me not want to run out and get one just like it.
"Surprise" Jack or his little buddy (sold separately), "Winking" Jack (a grimmacing face) offer an element of appropriate surprise, especially grouped with more run-of-the-mill pumpkins and Jack o' lanterns. He'd be equally at home on a front porch, balcony, courtyard, or at an outdoor party. Because he's made of polyresin, I wouldn't recommend using him as a giant votive or candle holder. If you want to illuminate his fine facial features, stick a small flashlight or other battery-operated light in his toothless pie-hole and watch him glow!